Trivia Quiz #1
1. Which is considered to be one the five basic aerobatic maneuvers?
a) Chandelle; b) Lazy Eight; c) Spin; d) Falling Leaf
2. What deep-sea terror has the same name as one of the basic aerobatic maneuvers mentioned above? (The maneuver itself was not mentioned.)
3. Name one advantage of the swept-wing design. (Hint: see the news features for August 1999.)
4. How long (hours) will a fully-fueled Grumman F-14 Tomcat´s engines run in full afterburner before exhausting its fuel?
5. Which can withstand greater sustained g-forces in flight, a human fighter pilot outfitted with a g-suit or a peregrine falcon?
6. Who was one of two of history´s youngest Naval Aviators? (Hint: search the Gallery.)
7. Who was the only Air Force pilot who became an Ace in the Vietnam War?
8. Who was the highest-scoring Allied Ace of World War Two?
9. How many confirmed air-to-air kills did the Ace in number 8, above, have?
10. What´s a “cold cat”? No, it´s not a left-over Korean delicacy. (If you´re Navy, you only get half credit.)
Click Answers to see how you did. (No cheating!)